Thursday 15 November 2012

The King's Fund Time to Think Differently

The King's Fund have recently launched a new campaign - Time to Think Differently - which is all about change in health and social care. Following #kfthink on Twitter, it is clearly an important topic, that is generating lots of interest! What I like most about the Time to Think Differently campaign is the fantastic collection of infographics they are produced, which you can view here. In particular, the infographic below is one the best I have seen summing up the relationship between LTCs and mental health:

Source: The King's Fund



It is so simple, but gets the message out loud and clear! I have eluded to the 'psychological and emotional side effects' of long-term conditions before, and much of this blog discusses the mental challenges long-term conditions present. Whilst my doctors have been attentive to my physical condition, my MRI scan results and my drug treatments, my mental health has been completed side-lined. I strongly believe that in order to successfully treat my physical conditions, my mental health needs to be addressed as well. It is really encouraging to see the reality of living with long-term conditions recognised at such a level - I hope it can be translated into more holistic care pathways.

This is, of course, just one angle of the diagram: some people have unrelated physical and mental health conditions; whilst others have physical conditions caused by their mental health conditions. Either way, I do hope awareness of the substantial overlap (however caused) will lead to better care in the long-run.

Incidentally, I am fast becoming a big fan of infographics - especially when I see such effective ones like this one!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr Emmanuel cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr Emmanuel the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr Emmanuel that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via E-mail: Nativehealthclinic@gmail.com IG:  or WHATSAPP +2348140073965 GOD BLESS YOU ALL?       

    ReplyDelete