Monday 19 March 2012

Self-tracking of medical conditions

For patients with long-term conditions, there can be a long and complicated medical history to convey to a doctor in a very short space of time. I have personally used flow charts, and more recently a table - they are useful as a prompt, and my doctors now have a copy in my folder.

This article shows a very clear time line of a patients long-term condition, and has some interesting thoughts on its value for doctors. It puts great design to great use!

I have also found out about this conference, Brainstorming Design for Health: Helping Patients Utilize Patient-Generated Information on the Web. It was in February 2012 in Washington, so I am going to try and find out more about what was discussed. The design aspect of patient information was not something I had really considered before, but can have enormous impact on the quality of information and its processing by patients!

Source: e-patients.net

No comments:

Post a Comment